Saturday 15 March 2014

Ms. Lonely

Today is one of those days where being single, has a lonely feeling about it.

Its a day where I missed having someone to come home to, someone to hold and hug me...that person in my life that has and continues to chose to walk life's path beside me...that person that will listen or simply be there to let your mind be spoken out aloud.

And of course...That person that loves me, because I am me.

The love we experience in an intimate/love partnership is a beautiful thing, and a true blessing. Even if we have it only for a while, its better to have had it than not at all. 

My feeling like Ms. Lonely today seems and is very connected to a yearning of the beauty that I/we can find in intimate relationships. The reflection of ourselves, the challenges that teach us so much, the beauty of sharing on a level beyond all friendship, and simply having an amazingly deep friendship that allows us to experience life not only through our own eyes but share another's life with them.

YET or a big BUT...time alone is definately not in vane. It offers us a different space to learn, reflect, to re-evaluate, to become the authentic you that makes for a better future or next relationship. 

So to all the singles out there, sharing these moments with me. I know (yes I am speaking from my experience of it)...it can sometimes be a true challenge I agree. The challenges simply mean we have to toughen up and be aware that we may at times need to work harder at creating an objective view for ourselves on situations that we encounter. Dodge the pitfall of becoming too absorbed by our life/selves...which I believe is what can/will ultimately make us more lonely or make it more difficult to have space for that beautiful partnership. Finding myself seeking refuge in the challenges of work has been my biggest lesson to learn - during my lonely moments - as it spirals us into a space of NO TIME...and 'no time' means lessening the opportunity to meet that partner in or for life.

May our journeys be fruitful and join me in believing - that there is that person that is 'right' for 'us' (the right person for me/you to grow, be authentic, and truely love and be loved by).

I hope that those of you in relationship will also be inspired by this article to look at the positives in your relationship...as we are easily swept up in the negatives...ENJOY what you have...of course if what you have is true...one thing I do know and have learnt from the past is that we do feel it ultimately...so just stay plugged in to the moment, aware of the small things that manifest as a gut feeling...we always know more than we think we do. ULTIMATELY no matter what TRUST yourself and be TRUE to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment